1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Ls Vtec!!!!! Help Plz!!!!!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by lewellgd, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lewellgd

lewellgd 92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI

My next project is a obd1 ls motor. I would like to make a strong all motor setup.
    I just dont no much about completley rebuilding a motor. I mean i no how to do the mechanical part. I just dont know what parts are good and stuff like that.

Want to accomplish a good strong reliable daily driver WITH POWER!!!!
    Ls motor and i heard that the b16 vtec head is the best because of compression. So this is what i want to know.\
    What parts do i need to buy for the block to get it nice and sturdy???
    What should i do to the head Cams??? Valves and springs?? ALL?
    If im gonna build the block em i gonna need to upgrade injectors and inake manifold???\
    ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?????
    THANKS TO ANYONE THAT POSTS!!!!:)

2. Sparta_7

Sparta_7 New Member

LS?

LS motor? you're talking about GM's corvette engines???

3. formby

formby learning in progress

sparta_7 stop typing and read up before you do any more posting please. just good advice

LS=b18a/b like in NON GSR INTEGRAS 90-2001

4. lewellgd

lewellgd 92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI

LS is exactly what the guy above said the one i am talking about comes in 92-95 models which are obd1 old ass integras till 91 are obd0.

5. Willosi1991

Willosi1991 New Member

I will tell you something, I know alot of guys use B16heads and Ls block to make the Ls/Vtec. My motor is a Ls/Vtec but using a B18 (GSR) head with some extra upgrade and the previous owner did a 12.70 all motor with stock block so, what I want to tell you whit these is it depends how you combine or give the perfect setup to the engine. I will recommend a mild port and polish,3 angle valve job, Skunk,budyclub or ITR cams, and a 68+mm throttel body by the side LSD tranny,clutch,ecu,tires all of these can make a big diference.

6. formby

formby learning in progress

dont use oem pr4 pistons if you run more than oem vtec cams. the valve reliefs are not deep enough...

i have .20 over cast pr4s in my lsv with stock b16/gsr cams and i'm thinking of changing them before i install in my ek.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted