Propane And Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

okay, i have heard that adding propane to your fuel system can help against detonation. So i was wondering, if i add a nitrous system AND propane, that will be a very safe way of using the laughing gas, right? anyone know where i can get a propane "fogger" system from?

i dont think there is such thing as a propane "fogger". you could use a direct pipe going into the IM. good luck using propane without having to refill it every time you use it.

oh, i just got the idea because i remembered a horsepower tv and they had this whole propane system for this ford truck, so i was just wondering if i could use that...but i guess not...oh yah, and i only plan on using the nitrous and propane at the tracks....not really into the street racing scene anymore...

i know that for diesel trucks they use it like nitrous. but for gasoline..humm wrong planet...

Ok, I have read about this before on the d-series board... Propane is approx 133 octane so one guy was running it in his fogger system instead of race fuel but I cant remember the details. I'll see if I can dig it up.

i dont think propane can keep up with high rev engines b/c they are injected at a lower pressure than nitrous.

Back