propane

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
ok i am sitting here watching Trucks! on TNN and this guy is installing a propane injection system on a Ford 350 diesel truck. its supposed to add a 30% hp increase on his 192hp and 327 ft/lbs tq on this truck. just wondering if this also applicable to a regular gas engine or is it just applicable on diesel motors?? btw the kit is made by Bully Dog.

no i am not thinking about doing this, but its something to ponder over...

Originally posted by tweakman@Sep 21 2003, 05:45 PM
no

Actually, Yes.

I've seen it added to an LS1 Camaro SS... gave it the same as Nitrous did...but it creates too much heat and you'd have to upgrade your cooling system. all in all n2o would be the real way to go for that kinda money.

Stick the propane on the diesel engine.

Propane has an octane rating of about 40. I wouldn't try it. Maybe on a cast iron diesel motor that's designed for stupid high combustion pressures, but NOT a Honda.

uh, actually propane for automotive use is 104 octane. dont use propane on a gasoline engine. the combustion temperatures are too high. you would need new plugs and a whole bunch of stuff. not to mension you have to have a propane tank in your car.

Back