1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

propane

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by BodyDroppedNikes, Sep 21, 2003.

1. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

ok i am sitting here watching Trucks! on TNN and this guy is installing a propane injection system on a Ford 350 diesel truck. its supposed to add a 30% hp increase on his 192hp and 327 ft/lbs tq on this truck. just wondering if this also applicable to a regular gas engine or is it just applicable on diesel motors?? btw the kit is made by Bully Dog.

no i am not thinking about doing this, but its something to ponder over...

2. tweakman

tweakman Member

no

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Actually, Yes.

I've seen it added to an LS1 Camaro SS... gave it the same as Nitrous did...but it creates too much heat and you'd have to upgrade your cooling system. all in all n2o would be the real way to go for that kinda money.

Stick the propane on the diesel engine.

4. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Propane has an octane rating of about 40. I wouldn't try it. Maybe on a cast iron diesel motor that's designed for stupid high combustion pressures, but NOT a Honda.

5. convertedstangbanger

convertedstangbanger Senior Member

uh, actually propane for automotive use is 104 octane. dont use propane on a gasoline engine. the combustion temperatures are too high. you would need new plugs and a whole bunch of stuff. not to mension you have to have a propane tank in your car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted