Proper Break In And Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZexCivic

I am installing a fully built ZC that I am just about finished with, I have the L3 LSD tranny with a Neuspeed clutch, and I was wondering about the best recommended break in process for the new engine and tranny. Also is there a specific oil I should use, a brand that is better than the others or anything like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

Whatever brand of motor oil you use, make sure it's normal mineral (dinosaur) oil and not synthetic. Synthetic is too slippery for break-ins.

And this is a great break-in process. Many, many people swear by it.

all of the new cars i have had with new motors in them i have just run them hard from day 1. some people like to break them in slow some like it quick. if i built a motor myself i dunno if i would run it hard from day one, maybe a few days to make sure it is running properly then i would get on it. i read an article awile back i think on this site about this same thing, the guy raced hondas and said something about the rings setting better if you run it hard from the get go, i dont know for sure. do what you want and keep getting opinions and maybe someone can post the article im talking about. edit - im stupid i didnt click the link.

Good link, I have heard of vw's being broken in hard at first. Upon reading about vw's someone said that most mechanics after putting new rings in take the motor to 4k and drive it like that for 50 miles or so, of coarse I don't know if this method is false or true, but I have had some of my friends break in motors all kind of different ways. The question is either hard or easy. I agree with the post above me. Wait a day or so to make sure everything is working properly and then jump it.

Milan

if you wait a day youve waited too long .... like that article says ... the friction surface on the walls wears out within like 20 miles .... take the car out and beat it like it owes you money
well not that badly ... but drive it hard

Back