Proper Way To Use Nitrous?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
ok...I have heard that you are only suppossed to use your nistrous at a certain rpm and/or in a certain gear or you will do some damage...any of this true or is there actually a "proper time" in the "proper gear" to push the button? or can you just push it when you feel like it? does it depend on if it's wet or dry? clear tis up for me someone thanks

i know what "naws" is and what it does, how it works, ect...i just wanna know if people are having trouble while using it at a certain rpm an/or gear...and as far as the mag goes...belive it or not i don't have the time...and if i do i have the time...i have no car or ride :angry: anyone wanna shed some light on this tho

the best time to use it is when your .......... at the track.

not that it's so much rpm or gear...but throttle positioning....best to only spray at full throttle

the only problem i've had concerning gear or rpm is in first, off the line...all you're gonna do is smoke your tires

best to start spraying after you pull 2nd

rpm and gear or watever the hell is irrelevant.. its, how much can you run and duration. if you're stock, take about half your stock hp and divide it by two and take of 10 shots.. meaning B18b should run no more then 70shots, 60 would be safer. and never run nitrous for more than about 1/4 miles length or kiss your motor good-bye... if you're running direct port, you can shot more, but usually thats the rule for wet or dry kit..and pushing buttons like the fnf??? does neone even do that? most people i know, like me, have it set so when the its wot the solenoids activate the nitrous.. anyway, i had a b18b1 in 93 hatch with 70 shots and i ALWAYS used it in 1st gear..launced at 1500prm :lol: takes a little practice feathering the pedals, but once you feel the car hook, just floor it and the nitrous turns on and you're on your way.. or you can act like a fool and floor it in first and go no where but up in smokes... hopes this helps.. late

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Apr 4 2003, 12:36 PM
..and pushing buttons like the fnf??? does neone even do that?

lol...i know a couple people with dry set ups that actually do "push the button"...thanks for clearing that up tho fellas lol

i just use nitrous to get me to redline quicker, but not in 5th gear b/c i dont want to have to cruise at redline unless its a short race. for me it goes something like this... 1st gear, 2nd, 3rd-nitrous, 4th-nitrous, 5th. and all this(nitrous) when throttle is fully open. dont do what they do in fnf (hittin nitrous when youre redlining). oh yah you also have to hold down the button.

all/most dry systems only work when using it at WOT (wide open throttle). If you are using a 75shot of nitrous, you have to retard your timing from whatever stock is (16degrees on my gsr) and put it back to 12 degree's. also run a spark plug of copper with a gap of .028 to reduce risk of detonation. MAKE SURE ITS 93 OCTANE GAS. now if its c-16 or 110 octane, you can run 75shot, .028 gap setting, and stock degree in timing. but make sure you retard your timing 2 degrees for every shot you have (55 - 16) (65 - 14) (75 - 12).

Back