Prothane Bushings Installed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

Well, Thanks for all the advice guys I finally got my poly bushings and started installing them. Like you all said they are a pain in the ass. I even got blood to prove it. Well after I had fun trying to get the busings out I just pulled the whole control arm and everything whent to my local shop and had them press them out and new ones in. I have only replaced the control front control arm bushings and lower shock busings.
:eek: WOW what a diffrence It has made. I reccomend thes to everyone. The stearing and ride is much more responsive. Go get you a pair today. JC Whittny sales the whole kit for about $117 and it has more bussings in it that Bayers got asprin. I never knew I had that many busings. I can't wait to feel it with all the bushings replaced.

Mark

what is your over all impression as far as harshness in the feel of the car and noise caused by the bushings?

how much did it cost to have the shop do the bushings for you?

this is a future project of mine too

does it squeak or anything, ive heard that polyurathane bushings squeak...

My Energy Suspension bushings don't squeak... but they will later. Poly bushings are awesome while they last, but they typically don't hold up as long as OEM rubber bushings. They're made out of harder material, so when they finally do deform, they stay that way. Lubricate your bushings often and you'll be fine on the squeaks, and you'll get more mileage out of a set.

You don't get something for nothing- there are tradeoffs to better handling...

yeah... i thought i heard something like that somewhere. I replaced a all the bushing in my del sol and its been about a year now. How long do you think poly bushings will last?

It all depends on how much and how hard you drive- but at least 2-3 years, even under some pretty heavy abuse. Just keep them lubed up and you'll be fine. Use lithium grease or whatever it's called that the bushings come with.

No, I don't have any squeeking. I do have alot more control over the car. I bought my set from JC whittney it cost me $117 for the complete set. The machine shop charged me about $5 a bussing to unpress the old and put the new in. However I did all the labor by taking the car apart and bringing it to them. I would hate to see what that price would be :lol:

All in all I give them a 9 out of 10. Reccomend strongly replacing them you will notice the diffrence!!!!!!!!! as far as suspension goes so far I would say they are the best bang for the lowest price.

what kind of ride did u have before changing the bushings???? Was the handling ruff and hard??? I think im due for a bushing changing!!!!! ;)

Back