PS and Tranny problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18CBeast

Need to know if the 94-00 gsr ps pump and 92-95 civic ps pump are the same. Also I am running 10-30 in my gsr tranny and I am wondering if this is causing my gears to not want to go in. My friends' swapped hatchbacks all click into gear but mine always has trouble going in. Could it be the clutch? Thanks tunerz.

Originally posted by B18CBeast@Sep 3 2003, 09:53 PM
Need to know if the 94-00 gsr ps pump and 92-95 civic ps pump are the same. Also I am running 10-30 in my gsr tranny and I am wondering if this is causing my gears to not want to go in. My friends' swapped hatchbacks all click into gear but mine always has trouble going in. Could it be the clutch? Thanks tunerz.

not sure about the PS pump, but I'm almost positive the pumps are different. On my Brother's swap, (1stgen B16 into an EG), the angle was all wrong where the existing PS line bolted to the pump. We had to splice the correct end piece onto the EG PS line, and used the B16 ps pump. Works just fine and only cost $10 for the hydraulic fitting installed.

As for the tranny, try bleeding the clutch at the slave cylinder, then replace the 10W30 w/ GM syncromesh tranny fluid. It helps eliminate 2nd/3rd gear grinds due to worn synchros.

no, the Synchromesh fluid is a drop-in replacement, not an additive. A lot of typeR owners swear by the stuff. It's $9 a quart at my local Chevy dealer. Also, there's another type with a Limited Slip Differential additive, but it's a little more expensive. Not needed unless you have an LSD tranny.

Back