1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 help: wireless guitar problems

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by BodyDroppedNikes, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

my brother got Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless guitar controller for Christmas and we are having problems with it. heres the problems we are having:

- first off, i had to stand about 2 feet from the PS2 in order to get the thing to get signal from the guitar to the wireless thing to play it. we've changed batteries and it still doing it.

- second problem is, i was playing a song and the keys stopped working on the neck of the guitar. the strum bar worked as well as the other 2 buttons on the guitar.

anyone encounter this and if so what did you do? im half tempted to have him take it back and get a new one. right now hes using mine that has the chord attached to the guitar and its the kind that hes wanting instead of the wireless. thanks for the ideas and suggestions...

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

try plugging in the guitar before you turn it on. also, try putting the wireless adapter into "slot a" then try it in "slot b". if that still doesn't work, i would save your time an djust return it.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

yeah the wireless guitars are JUNK.

bring it back and get a wired les paul.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

my wireless works fine.. but its for xbox 360, not ps2

5. TurboMirage

for now ;)

6. khrisb

khrisb ******

only a couple buttons worked on the GH3 display at wal-mart the other day. I don't think they check the wireless controllers for functionality before they ship them out. and why does the spring on the whammy bar break so fast?

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

What do you care brian? You miss half the notes anyway. :p

Anyway, take it back. My brother had a wireless first on his 360 and it never worked.

8. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

my gf got gh3 for xmas and the wireless controller doesnt work either. it just keeps blinking and wont get connected. we've just been using my old wireless controller, works fine. i wonder if we can get a new controller without taking the game back

9. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

for the xbox 360? You did try hitting the connect buttons on the controller and console, right? (just making sure) We were having problems at Gregs' until we simply hit those buttons.

10. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

When I got GH3 for xmas the wireless guitar did not work either, the strum and start/select buttons worked fine but the buttons on the fret didn't work at all. I tried everything... taking the neck and inserting it back in, switching the wireless connector from port A to port B, switching the batteries... I finally gave up and exchanged it. Second time around I've had no problems with it. I guess there are a lot of defective ones because, like khrisb said, maybe they don't test them before they ship them. I'd just return it and hope you get a good one.

11. TurboMirage

yeah i cannot believe how many times amy upstairs has asked me to re-connect her controllers to the xbox. dee!

12. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted