PS3 sold on Egay for 5K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's completely retarded. I'll just wait till closer to christmas or early '07 when they're a) more available, and b) not going to break in a year.

Ebay is being gay.

Let people sell whatever they want, for however much they want.

Why crack down? Why skrew with the "invisible hand" of Adam Smith???!?

Damn Liberals.

What you could do is get your PS3 and turn around and resell it for the work you did to the box. Such as putting bubble wrap around it. That way you can say your selling the Play Station for 600 bucks but another 2,000 dollars on the work you did. So your not selling the actual unit, your having them pay for the labor.

copied from another forum -

Q u o t e:
A friend and I spent most of the night cruising around the electronic stores in our area, looking for any plausible place to sell Mountain Dew from the back of our Jeep, and then looking for any stores willing to break the street date. Soon enough, we got tired of our search and ran out of canned goods, so we decided to stop by Best Buy in order to test out the PS3 (unlike everyone else who waited in line to buy a system they've never tried). After about 10 seconds of motorstorm, the game froze and didn't respond to any button input. The guys at the 360 booth burst into hysterical laughter alongside us.

Finally, the night grew late, and we decided to chill out in the local EB and eat a few burritos and finish off our last box of mountain dew. Soon enough, my coworker pops out of the back with a PS3 display box and a mischievous grin on his face.

After much debate of possible options (streaking through the parking lot, box in hand; walking by casually, whistling with one under arm, etc.), we decided a drive-by was the best possible option.

The following is pasted from my words within a thread in a different subforum:

"I work at EB Games. The other guys and I filled 3 PS3 display boxes (one per car) with free handouts and styrofoam packing to resemble a real system.

We proceeded to fly past Best Buy (with a line of well over 100 people) and dump the fakes out of our windows into the crowd.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd scorned."

If you happen to be in the Vernon Hills, Illinois area, then I owe you my deepest apologies, as we didn't mean to piss you guys off too much, but this absolutely made our year at EB. Good luck with the lottery, guys! (Best Buy's retarded sales system for the PS3)

Back