Pulled off the WAIC, and bit the bullet...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slo86GT

Super Moderator
Yeah, it was fun. I proved a WAIC can be streetable, and in an every day ride, and make decent power... But it wasn't enough for me. Sure, 112 MPH in the 1/4 mile was fun, but I want more. I want 11 second timeslips. I want mid/low 12's on street tires, and I will have it.

I sold the setup to a guy off Honda-Tech with a DA teggy, so he'll probably put it to good use. Meanwhile, I'll be upgrading to a midsize FMIC from Precision Turbo. I got a deal I couldn't pass up from a semi-local shop, so they'll be installing it, and making the boost piping.

I'll get new dyno charts once it's on. We're expecting another 30-40 hp at the wheels at the same boost pressures just from sheer intake temp changes. This should be taking place over the next 2 week period.

I'm stoked. :)

Precision AS 1025
Supports up to 600 hp. Complete with end tanks.
Dimensions:31.5" L x 8" H x 3.5" D

225.jpg

Pics with TEETH to come soon. ;)

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jun 3 2004, 01:59 AM
Sweet. Did you ever run ice water in your WAIC?

Yeah, it lasted about 2 dyno pulls.... Made 5 extra HP and about 10 ft pounds of torque, but required the fueling to be changed because the car was leaning out from the denser air. Not worth the hassle, IMHO.

I finally got to measure jsut how much water my old system held... Right at 2 gallons. This changeover should drop 30-40 pounds off the front of my car.

Back