pullies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

does underdrive and other pullies really give you good power?

no

*wanted to be like the other 4 pple that repeated what E said <_<

your question was do they give GOOD power no but it doesnt mean u might get a couple of horsies at the flywheel if u have alot of whight reducton in your rotating mass all ready lightended top end and light wight fly it may help a liitle more but also if u are using amps for sterios (heaven for bid) or things like ignitions (SCI) u maybe buying a new alternator sewner than later. Just get the main crank pully and leave it at that.

the main crank pulley will still underdrive shit like the alternator and most likely fuck it all up
and it will still unbalance the engine and most likely fuck it all up

IMO 3 hp is not worth buying a new alternator every other oil change or destroying the engine

find the power somewhere else

Anyone ever stop and thing that maybe Honda has their alternators geared they way they are for a reason?

If you really think that your engine is so well built and so well tuned that this is your last option for power, have a machinist remove the PS and AC pulleys from a stock crank pulley and then balance it.

Dude, I was going to do that and I thought it would be a waste of time for 2lbs off the rotating assembly, But you came up with it too so I dont feel so bad now!

Back