1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pulling an ecu code?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ryangt, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

well i tried to follow the read onlys to get the cel code out of my 2001 prelude, the only 2 pin anything i could find without taking panels off was a light grey pin with a grey wire and a black wire going into it, it looked just like the blue pin on my 91 rex used to adjust timing but was on opposite sides, does anyone know if thats the one im supposed to jump? if so i tried it and it dosent tell me anything. If anyone know where the 2 pin connector is, and could let me know it would be much appreciated.
    thanks in advance

2. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

ok i kept looking and i kept reading and i still cant find this thing. Do you have to take a bunch of stuff apart, because from what ive been hearing its supposed to be really easy to get to.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I thought you needed a reader to pull codes from OBD IIb cars?

4. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

im not sure, everyone and their mother on here says you can jump the two wires and it will work but i cant find any wires fitting that description ahh screw it ill take it to the shop

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted