Punchin Holes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

utn

At my last local employment facility one of my co-workers had a EF Hatch with a B18b in it. When I took my first look at it I said, "You have a stock exhaust?" and in fact it was, BUT he told me that he had cut 'slots' in it to act like a nice expensive exhaust kit, it was pretty loud, but not too loud. I'm wondering if this does anything to improve performace? Im wondering because its the stock small pipes that it wouldnt do anything. So where are the holes or slots made and does it actually improve anything besides the noise.

Thanks,
Scott

Well no that won't work. You stock pipe is too small. The restriction is in the size of the pipe not in the number of holes. But I do have dyno graphs proving that stickers make your car go faster.

One of my ex's twin brother had a 2g NA Eclipse that had holes drilled in the exhaust. All it does is make it sound like you have a fart can without you having to pay the $13 for a fart can. The restriction caused by stock exhaust piping is because the pipe is a friggin' half-inch in diameter (or somewhere therebouts...)

But I do have dyno graphs proving that sticker make your car go faster.

Nice, where can I get 'sticker' it sounds like a cheap way to give me some massive HP boosts.

Thanks for the info, the small OEM pipes seemed like they'd be a problem right from the headers if you wanted any sort of a nice air flow anyhow.

Maybe if I see him again I'll tell him to buy some mad pipes and ditch his custom drillies.

-Thanks

holes in a stock exhaust are loud as hell. on the highway its defening. just buy a psudo exhaust-2.5 from the cat-back and they mimic all types of jdm mufflers. plus the price is right.

Back