Put a b18a into a '91 crx rev problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newbie2imports

Okay, for starters I put a '91 integra ls b18 into a '91 crx HF that had a D155 (something like that). Tried b18 engine harness and running wires and making a mess and digging into wiring diagrams to make it run, and got no where. So just for giggles, I put the old D155 harness on with its computer and the B18 runs and idles fine, until you go to drive it and @ 3100-3200 rpm it stutters like a rev limiter or stutter box would.
Anybody have any suggestions? :worthy:

i have a virgin one $25+shp

Yes, you need the Integra's ECU. I would verify that the ECU actually came out of a 91 Integra, and not a 92-93. Because that would make it an OBD-1 ECU, and you need an OBD-0.

Yeah, I'm positive I have the computer from a '91 Integra. I also have the full engine harness, but I don't have enough wires on the crx chassis harness to splice it in. I have the hf harness on the b18 now. The hf computer has the rev problem and the integra computer plugged in to the hf harness makes a bad miss fire at any rpm.

Back