Put my rear teg discs on the sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
Today i had use of a lift so i took the opourtunity to put the rear discs on my car. everything went really smooth, it was nice no bolts were stuck beyond what a breaker bar could handle. the last time i needed to burn the bolt out where it adjusts for alignment, and i have also had to cut some bolts with a hacksaw before, I love having extra hardwear you can ruin a bolt knowing you have a replacement.

any way the only problem was connecting the e-brake cables, on civics and integras the cables go though the chassis into the passenger compartment, while on the sol they connect to a cable that goes through the chassis. also the tegs cables are about 3 inches too long for the hatch and 6 inches too long for the sol. this is solves by crossing the cables in the middle and cramming them into places they can handle them.
finally, the ends of the cables on the sol are alot longer than on the teg, so i had to use the bracket from my hatchback and weld two peices onto it that would connect to wear the sol's cables connect. other than finding them it would've been easier to put on discs off a SI or vtec sol, if i could find them. but the teg brakes fit and work fine!

Quoted post[/post]]
Today i had use of a lift so i took the opourtunity to put the rear discs on my car. everything went really smooth, it was nice no bolts were stuck beyond what a breaker bar could handle. the last time i needed to burn the bolt out where it adjusts for alignment, and i have also had to cut some bolts with a hacksaw before, I love having extra hardwear you can ruin a bolt knowing you have a replacement.

any way the only problem was connecting the e-brake cables, on civics and integras the cables go though the chassis into the passenger compartment, while on the sol they connect to a cable that goes through the chassis. also the tegs cables are about 3 inches too long for the hatch and 6 inches too long for the sol. this is solves by crossing the cables in the middle and cramming them into places they can handle them.
finally, the ends of the cables on the sol are alot longer than on the teg, so i had to use the bracket from my hatchback and weld two peices onto it that would connect to wear the sol's cables connect. other than finding them it would've been easier to put on discs off a SI or vtec sol, if i could find them. but the teg brakes fit and work fine!
:laugh: thats the best part...anyways im trying to get a rear disc conversion going myself....but its a bitch to find the swap around here...kinda pissing me off becuase my car got rear-ended and I guess the chassis got restraightened and the RTA was replaced..but it was replaced with a '96 TA and I have a '92....so needless to say my car pulls to the right when I brake lol....CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE DAMN SWAP...I might go upgraded rotors and pads and calipers when I do it too...

It is really not hard at all, tools needed are a 12mm, 14mm, and 17mm socket and a 10mm wrench to disconnect the brakes. sometimes rust/corrosion can be a problem, so it is nice to have a breaker bar, and six point sockets along with something that helps brake down rust. it would prolly be easier to put the discs on your car and then upgrade everything so the TA isn't flopping around and you can use the brakes as a means to stop the rotor from spinning.

Back