puttin the car away for the winter...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey guys, well im puttin my Integra away for the winter. and i was wondering how some of you close off your Exhaust, and intake so that mice and critters dont get in there.?? im gona throw some dry gass in there b4 she goes tosleep but what do you guys do?

Originally posted by CRseX84@Dec 23 2004, 12:28 AM
hey guys, well im puttin my Integra away for the winter. and i was wondering how some of you close off your Exhaust, and intake so that mice and critters dont get in there.?? im gona throw some dry gass in there b4 she goes tosleep but what do you guys do?
[post=436251]Quoted post[/post]​

I would use masking tape or duct tape. I dont have too worry i got a rental storage bin for my hatch :D

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 23 2004, 01:25 AM
i use a plastic pipe cap (mice chew threw everything else)
[post=436276]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you guys storing your cars in barns? lol. What about using aluminum foil secured with a rubber band? Mice will chew through plastic if they feel like it.

pull the spark plugs, and pour some motor oil down into the combustion chamber. this keeps rust from forming on the cyclinder walls and stuff. they make "fogging" fluid that does pretty much the same thing, but its like foaming oil.

also disconnect and pull the battery out, and put vasoline on the terminals and on the connectors of the battery cables, to prevent corrosion. charge the battery on the 2 amp setting overnight once a month.

Im a marine mechanic, and this is what we pretty much do to winterize boats, minus the stuff that dosent matter to you....

It's better to store a car on concrete or pavement, for less moisture radiating up towards your car. But in terms of rodent problems, if they might get into your exhaust pipe, they almost might be tempted to hang out in your engine bay. Anyway, other suggestions would be to put a steel mesh pot scrubber into your tailpipe and also mothballs underneath your engine bay and any other openings. The mothballs can't get wet through so elevate whatever you put them in. Mothballs and steel mesh pot scrobbers are how some people deal with squirrels and raccoons in their attics.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Dec 23 2004, 02:11 AM
pull the spark plugs, and pour some motor oil down into the combustion chamber. this keeps rust from forming on the cyclinder walls and stuff. they make "fogging" fluid that does pretty much the same thing, but its like foaming oil.

also disconnect and pull the battery out, and put vasoline on the terminals and on the connectors of the battery cables, to prevent corrosion. charge the battery on the 2 amp setting overnight once a month.

Im a marine mechanic, and this is what we pretty much do to winterize boats, minus the stuff that dosent matter to you....
[post=436296]Quoted post[/post]​

how much is some? I just curious cuz i forgot about that step....oops

Originally posted by brc80@Dec 23 2004, 12:59 PM
Forgive me, but why are you putting your cars away for the winter?
[post=436412]Quoted post[/post]​

^^^ Asked by someone from SoCal. lol. :lol:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Dec 23 2004, 10:37 AM-->
@Dec 23 2004, 12:59 PM
Forgive me, but why are you putting your cars away for the winter?
[post=436412]Quoted post[/post]​

^^^ Asked by someone from SoCal. lol. :lol:
[post=436426]Quoted post[/post]​

Whats so funny? Is it the fact that chrismas day the forcast is 74 degrees lol :D

But really do your cars jsut up and quit when it gets cold or something?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 23 2004, 02:18 PM
cold=snow
snow=salt
salt=rust
rust=bad
[post=436449]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

and i cant afford insurance right now cuz im in college,in the spring its goin on the road tho. and i dont do much driving around college anyway. and its hard to race in the winter...
yea and im in Vermont.... so it was -18* lastweek. and today it is 48* and raining.... wow i cant wait till i move next year...

Cold=Snow
Snow=Ice
Ice=Backwards doughnuts in parking lots. :D

i own 2 summer vehicle and 1 winter beater and a work truck when you spend 2-3 years building a car/ truck and the chance off getting into a fender bender is 1/3 you park it

well i live in canada and shit we get 4-8 ft of snow a year so ya the roads suck to say the least

ok its a fuckin honda...whore that shyt out in the snow...

my civ takes the beating of its life in the snow, runs nice in the cold

store a lambo, ferrari, bentley :lol:

Don't forget to put some sort of fuel stabilizer or else when you start your car up again, the fuel is degraded and gums up the line.

Ehh fuck 'em...let the mice make a nice nest in the exhaust, just warn them that there may one day be a speedy exit from their cozy little pipe.... :D

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 24 2004, 12:18 AM
ok its a fuckin honda...whore that shyt out in the snow...

my civ takes the beating of its life in the snow, runs nice in the cold

store a lambo, ferrari, bentley :lol:
[post=436680]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree, a honda is like a trailer trash girlfriend. The harder you beat on her the better she performs.

Back