putting a motor together.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skydive2144

my plan for my car has been to save up over the winter and buy a gsr swap for my car. its a 94 dx coupe. the more i think about it i want to build a motor. give me something to do over the next 4 months instead of just waiting for a swap. i want to do a ls/vtec set up. i was thinking a b18b block and a b16 vtec head with a gsr tranny. i want to built everything from the begining so i want to get a block, get it machined and put nice pistons/rods ect in. so questions are, what block/head/tranny would be the most power, is this project doable for unter $2500-$3000? also let me know if anyone in the ct/ma area has any blocks/heads laying around in need of some work.

b20 block, b16 head, and you will need some kind of aftermarket pistons to bump up the CR past "stock" if you want more compression. Get a b16 trans for the best acceleration.

ideally a chipped ecu tuned on a dyno. Chrome is a good way to go. You can buy chipped ecu's with a basemap for your setup that gets you close.

If you go the B20 route you must build the bottom end. The piston speeds on a B20 block revving to 8 grand are substantially higher than a B18C/B16 etc. At the very least upgrade the rod/main bolts with ARP's.

Back