putting amsoil syntetic oil in my tranny a mistake?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

I recently put a Queife LSD in my 98 JMD gsr. I had changed the oil twice within the past months with amsoil syntetic oil. There is no grind and noise whatesoever, however, people told me that the tranny needs friction to turn and if I keep pouring syntetic oil in my tranny, pretty soon i will have to replace my tranny. Is this true? I had been wanting to use redline trans. oil or roral purple oil but couldnt find any local store that sell them, maybe I would have to order them from ebay.

Quoted post[/post]]
I recently put a Queife LSD in my 98 JMD gsr. I had changed the oil twice within the past months with amsoil syntetic oil. There is no grind and noise whatesoever, however, people told me that the tranny needs friction to turn and if I keep pouring syntetic oil in my tranny, pretty soon i will have to replace my tranny. Is this true? I had been wanting to use redline trans. oil or roral purple oil but couldnt find any local store that sell them, maybe I would have to order them from ebay.
LMAO!!!

Ok, now that I calmed down. Those people are correct. You do not want to put synthetic oil in your tranny. since you have LSD, just go to your local GM/Chevy Dealership and go get some "Synchromesh FRiction Modified" or just go to Honda and get Honda MTF. Your tranny will thank you later :)

My builder called Queife and verified that any motor oil is okay with the their lsd. Is it correct that from Queife perspective, it is correct that the Queife lsd unit can take on any motor oil, but what is not okay is the components in the tranny that might be fuck up since some parts need friction to turn? So, would it be safe to use redline or roral purple transmision oil in my tranny without any worry? thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
My builder called Queife and verified that any motor oil is okay with the their lsd. Is it correct that from Queife perspective, it is correct that the Queife lsd unit can take on any motor oil, but what is not okay is the components in the tranny that might be fuck up since some parts need friction to turn? So, would it be safe to use redline or roral purple transmision oil in my tranny without any worry? thanks

or you can use what i use and that is the Amsoil Synchromesh MTF and it does not have the moly or what ever that fucks up your tranny.

Back