Putting back the motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skyhighxtc445

It was easy taking the motor out, but putting it back in was diffcult for me because I was working alone, and I have no clue or hint on putting the motor back in but to lift it with a hoist and drop it down but it won't line up correctly and also the tranny seem out of place to the mount, someone plz so me a easier way to do this. THANK YOU. and btw I have the engine lift chain wrap around both side of the motor mount on the motor.

Don't take it from me, but when my buddy swapped his B18B into his EF, he actually dropped the motor, and dropped the car ontop of the B18, but he had a lift.

don't literally "drop" the motor. don't put your chain under your mounts. attach one side to the intake manifold bolts and the other side to the exhaust manifold bolts (header) that go into your head. it will tilt a lot easier than before and you can move it around better.

don't literally "drop" the motor. don't put your chain under your mounts. attach one side to the intake manifold bolts and the other side to the exhaust manifold bolts (header) that go into your head. it will tilt a lot easier than before and you can move it around better.

Haha, well i didnt mean literally "drop" it, but he lifted the car, supported the engine from the bottom, then lifted the car off the engine, then vise versa, dropped the car on the new engine, it was much easier.

Haha, well i didnt mean literally "drop" it, but he lifted the car, supported the engine from the bottom, then lifted the car off the engine, then vise versa, dropped the car on the new engine, it was much easier.

i know, but some people are very literal. just have to be careful.

didn't really like the plan of the dropping the car but anyway I like the guy that said "puttin the bolt on the intake.." shit it raining right now but once I get the chance I'll try it out, but do anyone else have a better way of doing this?? if the first doesn't work I could try diffrent. Thanks

didn't really like the plan of the dropping the car but anyway I like the guy that said "puttin the bolt on the intake.." shit it raining right now but once I get the chance I'll try it out, but do anyone else have a better way of doing this?? if the first doesn't work I could try diffrent. Thanks

not the intake, but the intake manifold. there isn't any better way of doing it.

Back