Q about Front Lower Control Arm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jsalti600

Hello out there! I've done several searches over the past couple days, but to no avail, so I'm really hoping you guys can help me.

The car is a '98 HB DX with GSR block and ITR head and tranny. I've had it for about 1 1/2 month and finally got to replacing the bushings this past weekend. The plan was to work on the ES poly bushing kit install.

The rear went really smooth and looks great, but the front was a different story.

The front lower control arm bushing (part# 2409) had a .25" gap between the caps. Also, the lower shock bushing (part#2272) was showing approx 1" gap.

So now the problem is trying to figure out where this control arm came from, so I can order the correct bushings. It's one piece stamped, and about 3" wide. There is a yellow "A" on it as well. I'm sorry that I don't have much better info at this time.

I've been unable to find a match in the civic or integra line-up, and the only reference I've found to a stamped piece is for the late 80's crx and si.

I hate to post something so vague, but I will try to get pics up ASAP! Any help in this matter would be great... I hate having her stuck on the lift!!

Thanks again!

J

Interesting. I didn't know that the Si had different size A arms up front.

Can you post pictures of your bushing install?

Quoted post[/post]]
Interesting. I didn't know that the Si had different size A arms up front.

Can you post pictures of your bushing install?

No prob... I'm waiting for the correct bushings to come in (hopefully today) and I'll take a pic of the Si arm to post up.

Back