Q. I have D15B2 engine. What can i do with it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yecora

I mean - head swap of course. D15B2 is weak 90 hp engine. But i've heard that may be head from 130hp D15... (not really sure in last symbols) vtec engine. So, is it really possible, what i have to change in engine, and what i have to change in ECU?

WBR, Oleg

PS. Do not advise me change a car. I can't do it.

don't change cars- change motors :)

a vtec head swap (also known as the mini me) is a good set up... but for the 4-500 bucks its going to cost you, you're better off saving that for a b16a sir2

"don't change cars- change motors"
It's like an ORIGIN :)

O.K. Mini me. Let's talk about it. I don't want to swap to b16a becouse it will be not only engine swap, it will be also upgrade rear brakes (naw on my car rear brakes - drum), suspension and many more. Price of 500 bucks isn't afraid me. To talk more, may be price will be more cheap, becouse i live in russia and there are a lot of car parts from japan. some of them new, some - not. So, what exactly engine can offer me vtec head for my d15b2 with minimum work and parts.

WBR, Oleg

if its OBD-1 (92-95) get the D16Z6 head
if its OBD-2 (96-00??) get the D16Y8 head

it's OBD1 - '92-'95, body - EG4.
but, if i take head from 1,6 liter engine, will it takes any work in bottom part? or placing parameters is quite as in 1,5 litres?

ummmm im really not too sure what you just said there

but yes the D16 head fits fine on the D15 block... i had that setup in my car for a few months before my swap

get the ECU for the D16Z6 so it will run properly

you already have VTEC so you shouldnt need to fool with wiring at all

you already have VTEC so you shouldnt need to fool with wiring at all
- Do you mean "ready to connect VTEC"? Or already have VTEC? If last - it's not right, D15b2 is non-vtec engine, but i've heard that VTEC can work on it without any changes.

get the ECU for the D16Z6 so it will run properly
ok, but i will get in end - 1,6 or 1,5 engine? and how many HP? Approximately...

ummmm im really not too sure what you just said there
i'm really sorry, but i don't know special terms... in english of course :)

WBR, Oleg

ok i thought you said the engine you have has VTEC ....
you will need to add wires for VTEC then
im not sure of the exact cc of the mini me setup .... but if built right you will make about 135hp or more

here is a basic write up on how to do a mini-me conversion ... (it is not the same engine you have but the process is the same)
http://crx.honda-perf.org/articles/z6swap/z6swap.html

well, i've got today honda EPC (electronic parts catalogue) and search it out. Result is not optimistical... D16z6 head "layer pad" - not sure about this term, is different then in D15b2... Is it fatal, or i can place head anyway?
Or may be i should search other head, not from d15z6-d16z6 ?

The "layer pad" is most likely the head gasket. You can use the Z6 head without any problems. Just make sure you read through all the how-to articles and are prepared to pull your engine apart.

Back