Question about a 2006 trailblazer headlamp.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Does anyone out there know if the headlamp on a 2006 trailblazer has one bulb (like my civic) or are there two bulbs - one for high beam and one for low beam? I have searched a little but have not found a difinitive answer.

Also does anyone know if they are easy to change out? We just bought ours back in Oct and this will be the first time I have had to change one. I am thinking about the Sylvania Silverstars for the TB. I have them for my civic and love them any opinions?

Thanks! I didn't look due to the fact the car is with my wifey who is out of town until tomorrow and I wanted to run and get some before she got back.

Dude im sooo sorry I didnt work at that shop today... but I will for certain have an answer for you tomrrow but im pretty sure its just 1 for each high and low

Take a pic of the front of the TB. IF the grill goes both headlights like this one does 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Photos - Consumer Guide Automotive you are looking at a major pain in the ass. My mom's 04 tb I had to take off both headlights and the grill off as an assembly. I know why the guy at autozone said have the dealer do the headlight replacement for you. If you are going to do this, replace every light in there while you have it apart.

Update:

We have the exact TB you show in the picture above.

So the wifey finished up her work a day early and came home last night. Here is the low down in case you care. There are two different bulbs in the headlight assembly. From what I have heard I was expecting the replacement to be a PITA but it really wasn't that bad. On the passenger side you need to remove the air box cover (three screws) and move it back to give you some room. I have bigger hands then most but I could get them in there. The hardest part was getting the rubber dust covers off but I resorted to prying them with a small screw driver. Replacing the bulb itself was a snap - one quarter turn and it pops out. Passenger side done.

Driver side was a little easier due to not having the air box tight against the assembly. I still had a hard time with getting my hands in there but I got the dust cover off and replaced the bulb no problem. Total time was around 15 minutes and will be quicker next time as now I have been there done that. No need to remove the grill or healight assembly at all - definately no need to pay to have somebody do it. In all honesty I would say that it is easier that changing the bulbs on my EK because I always seem to struggle with those spring like retainers in my headlights.

Thanks for all the help/

Back