Question about AE86

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CFweave

Hey everyone...I'm 16 and I've been thinking about what my first car should be. I'm pretty much broke right now...can't find a job for the summer. I was looking at the older Corollas and I'm considering buying one. Which model is the best? I hear a lot about the GTS and the FX-16 but I don't know the difference. What are the specs on these cars? How much do they usually cost? How easy is it to tweak these cars for more hp? Thanks for your help.

my bro used to have the 86 corrola gts an was hella fun,,a perfect balance..
when he boaght his gts it was bored not sure how much an if it was milled or not
but it was pretty badass

i almost bought the hatch version awhile back
there realy rare where i live.
not sure the specs but i think the stock ET is about 16.5
but there are alotta swaping you can do to them so ive heard

Thanks for your help guys...and I know this is a Honda site but I know some people here like other car brands. I just figured since this forum is for other cars it would be alright.

You're write CF, this may be hondaswap but most of hte poeple on this site own some other make of car. some 350Z's, some own 240's 300ZX's etc... Airjockie owns an AE86

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 30 2004, 08:32 PM
... Airjockie owns an AE86

and a 260Z, and a CRX, and a Jeep..... :p

a mirage. :shrug2:

but unlike the rwd-ish cars, most of my knowledge is useful in both the civic and mirage.

well since were on the topic, is it possible to put an FTO motor in a mirage? The one with the mivec.

Hey since this is really a new post i wanted to add something. Im 16 and i love hondas ideally my firast car would be a prelude w/ an h22a but right now all i have is about 4200. I was never really into the civic , so ive been trying to get a prelude for about 4200 to no avail. I have seen latly a few 1988 Supra twin turbos that have been catching my eye latly. Plus the fact that the supra can Drift, and reall drifting(powersliding) is funn as hell. Honestly i do love hondas and they will always be the best,but im young have semi shitty job and i need an easy way to get cheap horsepower out of a good block with few minor tune ups.

yea but A. everyone in myfamily drives an accord, for some reason theyre just goofy and not really what im looking for, but B. both of them are Fwd and there is not a turbo model even availableso that means no drifting and no cheap and easy horse power gains i wouls spend a lot of time just trying to account for the percentage of loss of horsepower to the flywheel

Yeah, I don't own a Honda anymore either. And Turbomirage can remove the interiors of both Mitsubishis and Hondas.

-> Steve
1981 Celica GTA
1987 4Runner

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@May 31 2004, 12:52 AM
well since were on the topic, is it possible to put an FTO motor in a mirage? The one with the mivec.

its do-able in the 5g+ mirages/lancers but not in 4g- because of motor orientation, not is it common at all.

its easier to throw in a 4g63t and call it a day.

Back