1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about b16 with LS 5th

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by grlsk8co, Aug 24, 2008.

1. grlsk8co

grlsk8co rice-R-oni

ive been doing some research to put a hydraulic LS 5th gear in my hydraulic b16 tranny but i cant find a good write up for this hydraulic transmission, everything is for cable trans. Im looking for a list of the exact parts thats needed...from my newly found transmission knowledge im at the conclusion that i need:
    mainsaft 5th gear
    countershaft 5th gear
    mainshaft syncro and syncro hub

is there any kind of syncro or syncro hub on the countershaft that i would need?
    i also need to know if this 5th gear swap will work period, because like I said, I cant find anything on a hybrid Hydraulic b16 trans.

if anyone has done this and can pm or post their knowledge that would be great. Thanks a lot
    -keegan

2. codyb76

codyb76 New Member

hi, just curious, what is the reason you want to change 5th? Does it give better ratios or strength? I would love to change mine just to give me more overdrive for cruising at speed to drop the rpms a bit.

3. grlsk8co

grlsk8co rice-R-oni

thats the reason :)...the ls fifth is a much longer gear, so instead of normal 4k going 60mph down the highway in fifth, it will be like 25-2800rpm i believe. as for strength or anything all honda gears, syncros, etc are weak and dont last very long.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted