question about b16 with LS 5th

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grlsk8co

rice-R-oni
ive been doing some research to put a hydraulic LS 5th gear in my hydraulic b16 tranny but i cant find a good write up for this hydraulic transmission, everything is for cable trans. Im looking for a list of the exact parts thats needed...from my newly found transmission knowledge im at the conclusion that i need:
mainsaft 5th gear
countershaft 5th gear
mainshaft syncro and syncro hub

is there any kind of syncro or syncro hub on the countershaft that i would need?
i also need to know if this 5th gear swap will work period, because like I said, I cant find anything on a hybrid Hydraulic b16 trans.

if anyone has done this and can pm or post their knowledge that would be great. Thanks a lot
-keegan

hi, just curious, what is the reason you want to change 5th? Does it give better ratios or strength? I would love to change mine just to give me more overdrive for cruising at speed to drop the rpms a bit.

thats the reason :)...the ls fifth is a much longer gear, so instead of normal 4k going 60mph down the highway in fifth, it will be like 25-2800rpm i believe. as for strength or anything all honda gears, syncros, etc are weak and dont last very long.

Back