question about f22b1 to h22a4 swap issues.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tommynrossie

Hello, I just have a couple of questions regarding a swap im in the process of doing. I have a 95 accord f22b1 and came across aan h22a4 that I plan to drop in. 3 things I can see that may be a problem are 1-the coil on my accord is internal and the h22a4 runs an external coil. can it be modified to use the external coil? 2-The crank sensor on the accord I beleive is internal to the distributor as well, the h22a4 is at the harmonic balancer. can it also be wired in and used? and lastly 3-the throttle cable linkage at the manifold on the accord mounts in a different place than on the h22a4. is there a way to remedy this or do I need the throttle cable for the h22a4? sorry to be so in depth about it but any help would be greatly appreciated.

well first off save yourself some trouble and buy and obdI motor. that will cure several problems you have here such as the crank sensor. dont get me wrong the swap is still not bad but would relieve some headache. is this a usdm accord? if so it is an external coil. you will be fine with the accord throttle cable.

If I would have paid full price for it I definitly would have gotten an obd1 motor,But I picked this one up for 100 dollars(core charge) out of a 2000 with 70k and it only needs a set of rings to fix it. I checked and my col is under the cap but of course it wont directly plug up.

Last edited:
Back