Question about lug nut on the extended ARP wheel studs.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boricuanology

Ok guys try search already and nothing. So I install the extended ARP wheel studs, and I order a gorrila kit close ended lug nut, did not work find out the hard way. Everyone is telling me that I needs to be anything open ended 12mm x 1.5 for honda/acura will work. Not my case, I had a set of 12mm x 1.5 that are open ended but the problem is that this set uses a special key and this key goes on the inside hole of the lug nut and as you are turning the lug nut being that the wheel stud is longer, the stud itself pushes the key adapter out making it impossible to screw the lug nut. So now im asking you guys, which type do I need to get, I know its gotta be open ended, Im asuming the sizes got to be 12mm x 1.5, but the adaptar key CAN'T GO ON INSIDE OF THE LUG NUT, it has to go on the outside and im asuming that the key adaptor has to be long enougth so that when the stud is screwing all the way it doesn't pushes the adaptor key out or the lug nut it self has to be long enougth.
Hope you guys are not confuse by what Im trying to explain here, I NEED HELP,
today.
Help me Obi One Kenobi, you my only hope
emsad.gif

you can't use a regular set of open ended lug nuts?
sounds to me that you are trying to use locking lugs, which don't work with extended studs. . .

Back