1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about my Sohc Setup

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Jancerocks, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Jancerocks

Jancerocks New Member

Hey I bought a CRX HF that I am currently working on.. The motor was really dirty, So I cleaned it up. I thought it was a Complete d16a6 Swap :mellow:. but as i clean the head, i notice that there spot on the back of the head where a vtec sol would go, but its not a a vtec sol, so i did my research and i found.
    D15B (PM3-8) Dual Carb Head. :confused:

I wanted to Bar My motor with Ca state ref. I was wondering would i still be able to past inspection, with a different head on it. ( Also State ref doesn't Smog) Other then the head, the rest of the motor, Wire harness & ECU is equivalent to a CRX SI.

Also i wanted to ask How is my set up is suppose to run, and Compression ratio

OBD-0 Motor
    D15B Head
    D16A6 Block
    L3 Transmission
    PGM-FI manifold
    PM6 ECU
    Bolt Ons: DC headers, Msd ignition, Greedy Full cat-back, 2 1/2 piping

Its currently running on a PR4 ECU, i don't know why, but it came like that. IF i run the motor with a PM6 ECU, it runs crappy.

Any Idea?
    Thank you!^_^

2. Jancerocks

Jancerocks New Member

Also i forgot to say, I read that theres a JDM D15B Head for a CRX/ Civic ETC
    But head Reads PM3-8, I google that and it came up for a 93 EG4(EDM) D15B2 5sp-------PM3-8 (9/4) stamp..

But my head Reads PM3-8 (8/7) stamp

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted