Question about parting out ($$ vs $$)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Faramire

What do y'all think would bring in more cash?

Selling a full del sol, that is primed w/ body kit/shaved doorhandles etc, (no A/C components)

or parting this out?? (d15b7, plus all the interior pieces etc..)

third option is to rent a paint booth, and purchase $300 worth the paint/guns and rent a compressor... but not sure it's worth it unless i'm getting a nice return on selling the car, maybe $3-4...

What does everything think?

if you have a bunch of quality aftermarket parts on the car then part it out.. if the car is mostly stock w/ a body kit.. just sell the car as a whole.. but yes, a painted car will bring more money than a primered car

I've got the normal stuff, basically stock components except:

as well as 17" SSW wheels,
a rear disc conversion,
coil overs(old though, maybe ~30k miles on them...)

I believe i have it posted off in the for sale thread... if you care to take a look.

Possibly see if i am asking too high for it, and what I could try selling it for if I get it painted.

u could try selling the wheels separately, but i would just sell as a whole or you'll be stuck w/ crap you cant get rid of or dont want

If i was parting out, I may actually keep the wheels.

The one thing I really really like.

I one day plan to get another, but I am currently strapped for cash.

Would love having these rims on a future del sol or civic bubble :D

I checked out the FS thread, and I think you'd be better off selling it whole. I mean, there's not really much to part out it sounds like. The engine doesn't have a bunch of bolt-ons that could be sold off (unless I missed something), and the engine itself won't bring in much cash.

I'd say it's just up to you whether you want to paint it first or not...

Back