question about parts from hmotorsonline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

i bought the complete changeover kit 92-96 h22a from them says it comes with clutch components and accesories? does any one know if this includes a throw out bearing? ive emailed them but no response yet. if it does include one should i replace it or will it be ok to use?

what did yall do on yalls swap did u replace the tob or use it or just use the one on ur car?

yes it will come the the throw out bearing, they ship their engines with the trannys attatched.

and yes, you should replace the whole clutch. Remember, most of their engines have been sitting for almost 10yrs. If you try to drive hard on a 10yo clutch it wont last long. Also its alot easier to change it with the engine outside of the car.

It would be a lot easier to replace with the engine out.

I've had throwout bearings go bad on me from miles, even though the clutch was still fine. I don't burn the clutch, so they last me forever.

I would suck at a clutch swap, because they never go bad with me driving. :shrug2: I've only had to do a couple. Once on a car that I bought with a bad clutch, and once on a car that needed a new throwout bearing.

in yalls professional opinion would you buy a new clutch etc or use that for a while and buy later?

say you dont have the money right now and to replace you would have to post pone the swap?

i didnt swap my clutch on mine, and my car is still running strong.....well it has no transmission problems. if it is within your means, i would replace the clutch though.

Quoted post[/post]]
i didnt swap my clutch on mine, and my car is still running strong.....well it has no transmission problems. if it is within your means, i would replace the clutch though.

yours prolly sat as long as mine and u didnt replace clutch etc...im guessing mine will be ok to do the same.

i dont wanna buy a new clutch now because i dont wanna spend outrageous on a racing clutch to hold the power i plan to get down the road. and i dont wanna buy a cheap clutch kit and havta replace when i get the power.

i was mainly just seeing if some one else used the clutch flywheel tob etc on the tranny from hmotors because thats what ima do.

thanks

yup, should be good to go. id give it a few days and feel it out, make sure everythings running good, but other than that, just have fun (safely).

a general inspection should let you know. If shit looks all corroded and rusty, then you might want to take everything apart, or risk it.

I'd just run it, and have it replaced if needed. Try to look at that stuff, and work everything a little before putting it in.

Quoted post[/post]]
a general inspection should let you know. If shit looks all corroded and rusty, then you might want to take everything apart, or risk it.

I'd just run it, and have it replaced if needed. Try to look at that stuff, and work everything a little before putting it in.

will do thx guys :wink:

I bought my swap from Steve and I must say there service is the best around! I decided not to replace my clutch because I felt it would be fine and I was short on funds because I sunk so much into the swap and all the add ons(fuel rail, presure regulator, header, v2 intake, water pump, timing belt, on and on) the clutch worked fine except now I was driving up at 7,000-8,000 shifts and it would lag especially from 1st to 2nd. then one day it just revved when I shifted into any gear and all I could smell was clutch, it cooled off and was fine after but I did not trust it so I threw in a act 6 puck and their lightest flywheel and now the thing runs like an animal. So the point of my story is if it is out and you are going to give it some abuse like I'm sure you are then replace it now with aleast a stage one organic clutch.

Quoted post[/post]]
I bought my swap from Steve and I must say there service is the best around! I decided not to replace my clutch because I felt it would be fine and I was short on funds because I sunk so much into the swap and all the add ons(fuel rail, presure regulator, header, v2 intake, water pump, timing belt, on and on) the clutch worked fine except now I was driving up at 7,000-8,000 shifts and it would lag especially from 1st to 2nd. then one day it just revved when I shifted into any gear and all I could smell was clutch, it cooled off and was fine after but I did not trust it so I threw in a act 6 puck and their lightest flywheel and now the thing runs like an animal. So the point of my story is if it is out and you are going to give it some abuse like I'm sure you are then replace it now with aleast a stage one organic clutch.

my motor is from a 95 jdm h22. i havnt put it in yet but its so CLEAN. since it is from a 95 i think i will be safe keeping that clutch in the car yall think so?

Back