Question about turbo setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OneSlowEK

I have an EK hatch with ITR setup, b18c1 block with type r internals, type r head and type r tranny. My quesiton is that i got this stock Greddy turbokit that is sitting my closet collecting dust and my all motor endevours arent working out so well for me. So my question is that is it safe to slap the turbo kit on that is roughly an 18g turbo, and have it boosted at 8psi tuned?

I know High compression and boost dont mix well but if tuned properly will work. The turbo will be internally wastegated at 8psi and probably wont see anymore then 8psi max. Ive looked into lowering the compression dont a tick, but i dont want to do that because i love the way the motor is. So forged internals, ie pistons and rods, and then tuning, and what computer management should i use? Ive tried hondata and that was pretty good, though i dont want to spend that type of loot. Or emanage? Everything wil be done slowly and correctly the first time. So i need a list of parts, and or opinions of what would you guys do if you had this setup?

High compression on boost would be a very fast car to toy with plus this is my daily driver.

as long as it tuned properly, its all good.

uberdata or crome are 2 very popular choices for engine management.

click on the pgmfi wiki link in my sig for more info.

Back