Question after clutch install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
so i got my brother in law's clutch in on his 90 civic dx hatch, and when i put the vss back in, which is cable, i pushed it all the way into the spot its supposed to be in, placed the metal tab back, and put the screw in. now the mph just jump from 0 - pegged out and when he goes over about 50 or so it jumps from 50 - 100, did i do something wrong?

also, when he presses his clutch all they way to the floor, it grinds trying to go into gear, when he lets off a bit its fine. its a cable clutch setup so idk what to do besides loosen the cable some for him. its really really tight right now.

adjust the cable for the clutch to change the amount it pulls the clutch off the flywheel..

Its adjustable for sure

is the cable new....or kinda new? if not...get a new one cause they get tired just like a clutch....they stretch....

the MPH jumping around like crazy....probably the mph sensor that is attached to the tranny...check it

well i adjusted the clutch that's fine. mph still spin around and act retarded, but now 4 n 5th gear dont work and then earlier today all gears stopped working? a friend suggested some type of "pin" in the tranny that might've broken?

I had a mechanic do my clutch and mess it right up, turned out it was the throw-out bearing needed replacing and the bastard never told me. Check that and report your findings, please (this will include taking the transmission off the block again and looking at the round thing *throw-out bearing* and re-installing it again. It sounds EXACTLY like your bro-in-laws civic may need this part in order to function properly. GL.

well 1 - 3 worked fine i misunderstood him, but 4 - 5 still dont work. and i put a new honda oem throw out bearing on the tranny i know how to do a clutch properly, which means use a new oem one. but i'm not sure. he's saving for a d16a6 swap anyway so as long as he can get to work he don't care.

Back