Question before I get sell my B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civichbd15b

ok, I have a OBD0 B16A. I want to put it in my eg civic. My question is, since I can't get rid of the damn thing to save my life, should I sell the OBD0 head and then can I still put a OBD1 head on the OBD0 bottom end(Like a B18B1 or a B16A2) and the bottom end can still be hooked up with the OBD1 engine harness?

I want to put a DOHC in my hatch, but I'm on a strict budget so this is the only route I am looking at since it never sells when I try to.

Why not just change the things that need to be changed and not the whole head?

Distributor, injectors and alternator. Get OBD1 of that stuff and the rest should be fine. I'm not 100% sure about the map sensor and idle air control valve but they should be the same. Your going to have to get another transmission too. The OBD1 tranny is cable and your car is hydro.

GSR man what? GSR manifold? Won't fit on a b16... GSR manual tranny yup good for a gsr but the b16 should have a shorter b16 tranny due to the lack for torque.

Not to be a dick at all, but you missed the point. I'm on a STRICT budget, like $50 bucks extra a week, if I don't spend A PENNY at all on anything(Do you have ANY idea how hard that is when you are with friends or anything in college times?) . There is NO way I can afford a GSR motor, that's like 5K on a complete swap, you are talking to someone who has never had more than $1200 bucks in his possession ever in his life.

I'm just very new to the scene of DOHC, I've messed with D-series a lot. So I have a B16A that is OBD0 and I want to put it in my hatch, but I've read not to even bother with it because of how many problems can arise putting a OBD0 in a OBD1 car, so I'm asking everyone that can understand my position what can I take the FIRST and very careful steps to putting a DOHC VTEC in my hatch. Don't really care on horses, I just want to make this possible in my situation, if it was me, sure I would have gotten a Type R motor and put it in there, but I can only dream of that, so I took the next best to me, a B16,I had a friend that needed money for drugs and he didn't care about the motor, so I got it hoping I can put this in my daily driver. I got a OBD0 version, can't help that, just want to make this work if possible.

So should I sell it and then get a OBD1 version, or just give up and put turbo on my D15B? I'll put pics of it and display everything I got with them motor when I wake up (had problems uploading the pics earlier)

yeah i have to agree, the guy who wants you to buy a gsr is a dumbass.
go with what dtob told you to do and you sould be fine.

Cool, So you can switch/pu injectors from a obd1 and things? I know you can put a OBD1 dizzy on it. What about the engine harness? All the plugs on the B16A will work with a OBD1 engine harness? Like the IAT for instance? Here's the pics that I promised. And here is the list that I got with it for a good ol' $475

OBD0 JDM B16A

88-91 Enjo Motor Mounts for a Honda Civic or CRX (Retail $450, and wanting to trade for some 94-01 Integra mounts)

OBD0 Engine harness with VTEC wires ran (Also looking to trade for a OBD1 engine harness)

88-91 CRX Dash Harness

OBD0 PR3 ECU (Wanting to trade for a P06 or P28 ECU)

And some goodies like the resistor box and a CRX brain to help me with the swap

Attachments

• b16a1.jpg
    b16a1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 244
  • b16a2.jpg
    b16a2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 197
  • b16a3.jpg
    b16a3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 211
  • b16a4.jpg
    b16a4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 196
those pics dont determine anything, just some pics of a harness^_^

GSR swap dont cost 5k !!

i can do a GSR swap for under 3K

and i didint know you had a very tight budget, my bad...

Here are more, anything you want me to shoot?

Attachments

• headdis.jpg
    headdis.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 197
  • headdis2.jpg
    headdis2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 196
  • oilpumpoff.jpg
    oilpumpoff.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 193
  • pistons.jpg
    pistons.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 179
I'm kinda stuck, I don't know if I want to get rid of it or not, I'm new to the b-series and someone told me just to change it over to obd1 like the dizzy and such.

Don't want to break the rules so check the sale thread "OBD0 B16A $475 and Goodies"

Back