question for pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowside21

Hi , I am trying to figure out how to work things with a b18c1 swap with an auto. People just out right say it wont work with little or no reason. One guy says its because honda did not make a twin cam vtec computer. Couldnt I just use a P28 civic ex auto ecu? Or, have somebody rechip it ? I am lost because I can't find any reference material or knowledgeable poeple to talk to. A lot of people talk out of the ass on this subject. Simply because the dont like automatics. I dont need opinions on auto vs. manual, I need help figuring this out.
Thanks

yu can do it but its totally not worth the money, just learn how to drive stick, the auto trannys are uberweak. as for ecu you use what ever you want as long as its auto, best would be p72

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 6 2004, 10:57 AM
Why don't you just use a B18C GSR auto ECU?

i'm not sure if those exist... but p30 and P28's DO come in an automatic form. use one of those with either an auto LS or a jdm SiR2 (preferred) auto tranny.
get a VAFC at the least to tune it, as the maps will be off.

as far as chips go, be weary- automatics have some differen't features that a lot of chips won't support (like, changing gears :) )

Back