Question on B18b swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

intenseneal

I am swapping the motor in my 98 Hx with a B18b1 from a 99 LS. I need to know if there is anything I need to make the PS work with the swap. I will be using my D16 PS pump on the B18. I already know I need the rear T bracket, a DelSol Vtec AC bracket and B sereies mounts. I dont know about the PS though??? Also will my Ex/Hx CAI fit the B18? Thank for the help.

I think he's right about the pump. I had a friend that did the A/C in a 94 si hatch/GSR swap and he had trouble with the del sol bracket and the D series A/C compressor. The belt wasn't lining up. But he is not mechanicly enclined and had someone else do it. The belt would shred and or bust off. Doesn't make sense because I "believe" the pumps are the same on the del sol VTEC and 92-95 civics (not sure about your's though) \

I am in the middle of a JDM B16 swap and I have the A/C power steering pumps from it. I think it's the best way to deal with B-Series engines in Civics because the B16 is ran in these cars (in Japan) so you're less likely to run into problems. But I could be wrong because I haven't finished it yet. Still dealing with the wiring and I FINALLY got the crank pulley off with a tool I made to hold the crank in place (Yes they make a tool but I would have to order online and pay up the butt for a 5 minute job). i bought a nut from a tractor parts store and used a pipe wrench as my friend busted the crank bolt. It was nice to hear that bolt bust loose!

Good luck with it all and keep us posted

Ok I picked up my motor and I have the B18 PS pump. Will the D16 lines fit the B18 pump? I also have the B18 AC compressor but will be useing to D16's so I dont have to recharge the AC.

The PS pump line....not sure but it should be an easy fix if you take it somewhere that works with fittings. Its only two bolts for the hard line to your steering and then the rubber line to the fill box

Back