Question regarding JDM H22's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dave77

Well im about to embark on a new project and before I invest a bunch of money and time into it I would like to know if JDM engines pass inspection.

A little info on my project:
-2000 Honda Prelude Type sh 78k miles (blown and pulled engine)
-JDM S spec H22 and JDM Type s 5 speed trans from hmotorsonline http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30018
-Car will have atts

i dont know that the atts will work on either the non sh blocks
Im gonna swap this engine and the transmission it comes with in and theres two types of trannys, one with lsd and on with the atts. I want to know if this setup will pass inspection.

as long as you have the all the emissions equipment hooked up it'll pass.. so just use the US manifold/ sensors, Throttle body and you should be fine

I called a honda dealership that does inspections and they said that the swap should pass inspection, hopefully thats true. But anyways theres 3 sensors right? Ill call a few more places either today or tomorrow and see what they say.

Yeah all you need to be concerned with is the emissions related items.. since CA is basically the most strict emissions state in the country, and they can be made legal here, you can make yours pass inspection. With the USDM manifold you shouldn't have any issues assuming everything is installed correctly.

make sure the engine is 00 or newer, they will give you shit if the motor is older than the car it depends on who the smog guy is. im unsure of the differences in obd1 vs obd2 but my h22 is all legal with jdm parts, only usdm part i needed was the vacuum box on the firewall. best way to do it is take it to the smog ref and see what he fails you for if anything

Back