Question that will get me flamed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoughKnight

Christmas Car
So, I came back from a 2 week vacation to find that somebody had tried to steal my car via screw driver in my ignition column. Awesome. So I have to take it to the mechanic, really low on funds because I haven't worked in two weeks, so I've been doing some research...

Can somebody please PM me a link or a walk through on how to hot wire an 93 EG? I think I have it figured out, but I just want to be sure. I don't want people to post the answer due to users thinking i'm trying to 'steal' lol, I figured this would be the best way to get the info I need without causing a ruckus. I've tried to google it, but it seems like either my two weeks in Lebanon made me lose all my google skills or it's not widely available for obvious reasons.

If not, can we please point me in the right direction? Thank you :)

ya but i need a car to get there, this is a one shot thing, just need to start it and get to the mechanics, he'll order/fix everything so thats not the issue

and the key goes in and turns enough to unlock the steering rack, but not enough to click it into "1st"

Take the whole cylinder out and use a flathead.

Cylinder only needs to be turned to position 1 and there's a small button you have to press with a needle or something small, and the cylinder will slide right out.

As far as hot-wiring it, I'd have to check but if you can swap another Honda/Acura cylinder in there you can start the car(plugs into the fuse box). As far as hot-wiring goes, IF I remember correctly all the wires need to be connected minus the start wire(I had to do this for a friend's car just to check the engine; his lock was busted).

Last edited:
If you have a manual for your car just follow the wiring diagrams for the ignition, should be easy enough figure out which two to tie together, and then just put a 12v to it, remember though like the article said, don't leave the wires together.

Back