Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceburner

would anyone happen to know what my car would do if the alternator, speed sensor, or the 02 sensors went out?????

Well if the alternator went your battery would die. That happened to me and I had to bring a little charger around with me every where I went, and when I got somewhere, I would take out the charger and this 50 foot extension cord and plug it in. While driving I also had to rev the engine in neutral to keep a charge. Don't know why though, I thought you only needed the battery to start up the car... apparently not!

i believe the altinator keeps the battery charged, if im right your speedometer would read 0 if your speed sensor went out and no idea on the O2 sensor, maybe your engine temp readings would be wrong?

well,
1) the battery light would come on and the battery would lose charge quickly.
2) the speedo would still work, but the systems which rely on the speed sensor would not work.
3)the 02 sensor failing would cause the car to run really rich and idle like sh*t.

well all i know is..it through code p1298 and po135 and po144 but when i hit like 4k the speedometer jumps around and all my lights blink..and my idlin jumps too..and vtec dont kick in all the time

Originally posted by Riceburner@Jul 11 2003, 12:27 PM
well all i know is..it through code p1298 and po135 and po144 but when i hit like 4k the speedometer jumps around and all my lights blink..and my idlin jumps too..and vtec dont kick in all the time

sounds like alternator or a grounding problem

well my alternator is pushin out around 13-14 volts so i dont think its really the problem..but i only know of 2 grounds..from battery to my body and motor to the fram..is there anymore gounds?? i only know of 2

i wish that everytime somethin went wrong wit my car..it would of happened to someone else also so they could tell me how they fixed it..this always happens :(

anybody know?? i know someone has a 96+ civic in here that would be close to my problem..

Back