1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question

Discussion in 'Integra' started by TegraDoc, Oct 21, 2007.

1. TegraDoc

TegraDoc New Member

ok, I installed a CAI not too long ago, 2 weeks maybe, and noticed a decent change in performance, yesterday I installed skunk2s intake manafold and was expecting another decent change in performance, yet, I am not noticing that much. Will I see it more when I add headers and exhaust? is the intake only getting as much as it can without changing exhaust or cams or what? those are the only two mods I have on my 2000 teg. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Intake manifold will not help much on a stock engine. Adding a header and a larger exhaust will help, but to really see an improvement you need to replace the cams also to make your engine draw in more air. Then you will probably see a very large improvement in power since you already have those parts installed.

3. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

the skunk2 intake mani is more for top end power as well, i mean sure it flows nicely but its more for upper rpm range. whatever happend to you going turbo?

4. quikstr13

quikstr13 New Member

is ur teg.... a b18b or b18c????

5. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

dont forget that you need to compensate for more airflow with more fuel..get a little bigger injectors,cams,and header

6. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Wrong.. bigger injectors are not needed unless he is running very high compression N/A build or boost. And the cams/header was already covered.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted