1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions about boosting jdm h22a

Discussion in 'Accord' started by calmfornow, May 11, 2010.

1. calmfornow

calmfornow System Failure Racing

So i know there is probably tons of threads with this question but here it goes.....
    i have a 91 accord with a jdm h22a swap..how many psi is safe to run on the stock internal engine? Also what will i have to do tuning wise, i know i will have to switch to a p28 and get it tuned to my setup, anything else?, also what about vtec because i hear from a lot of people it will come up as a problem.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

There isn't one magic PSI number that's safe for a stock engine. You want to think more about the specs of the turbos that you're looking at. And no, as long as your tuner is competent, then VTEC plus boost shouldn't be a problem at all.

Forced induction really isn't my forte though, so I'll let some of the other guys chime in on the specifics...

3. calmfornow

calmfornow System Failure Racing

awsome, thanks a lot man, you help on all of my questions i put on here, im looking at completely building it soon, once i get the money, if i go for boost i found nice pistons to put the compression to 9.0:1 instead of stock 11:1

4. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted