questions about boosting jdm h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
So i know there is probably tons of threads with this question but here it goes.....
i have a 91 accord with a jdm h22a swap..how many psi is safe to run on the stock internal engine? Also what will i have to do tuning wise, i know i will have to switch to a p28 and get it tuned to my setup, anything else?, also what about vtec because i hear from a lot of people it will come up as a problem.

There isn't one magic PSI number that's safe for a stock engine. You want to think more about the specs of the turbos that you're looking at. And no, as long as your tuner is competent, then VTEC plus boost shouldn't be a problem at all.

Forced induction really isn't my forte though, so I'll let some of the other guys chime in on the specifics...

awsome, thanks a lot man, you help on all of my questions i put on here, im looking at completely building it soon, once i get the money, if i go for boost i found nice pistons to put the compression to 9.0:1 instead of stock 11:1

Back