questions about legend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skellagher

Elder Driver
i know this is not a legend fourm but i really cant find no where that specializes in performance for this car can someone help just really lookin for info for me to pull a lil bit of power outta the one i have i have heard some things like the type 2 swap and all that but still cant find no info... no smart asses please already googled it

pretty much the senerio is that im buying this car on friday for $400 and it needs a clutch master cylinder...the guy had someone replace the engine for him and the guy who did the work did not tighten the engine down totally on the trans so theres like an 1/8 in gap the dude who owns the car has not driven it since the engine was replaced so i feel this is a good deal i can do all the work my self...

The KA9 was not available in vtec but is 225hp. The J series vtec engines range in horsepower from 200hp to 305hp... I don't think anybody has ever done that swap though so unless you're a really good fabricator there would be next to no aftermarket hybrid support. 225 hp is pretty decent though. Is the drivetrain not salvageable that you have?

yea its a newer motor with like 60k on it im tryin to get it for alot cheaper though im shooting for 250 ... the motor starts but as i said there is a visible gap between the engine and trans he didnt drive it after the swap he had it towed home and now he is sueing the shop that did shitty work

Well, if he didn't run it with that gap, it's possible the tranny was just tightened down while the dowels were catching instead of slipping in. With this possibility, you might want to consider picking that car up! But while undoing the transmission for the re-alignment, I'd check the rest of the "mechanic's" work. Make sure everything in between has been tightened to spec. Sounds like you have a lead on what could potentially be a pretty nice daily driver or more!

my plan is to buy this legend fix it and totally gut my hatch throw a cage in it and put it on some boost....

bad news.... i was able to look at the car again today and the engine right where the trans meets is cracked like half way round the engine so looks like im not buying that hehe

Back