questions about swaping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pg8532

i have a 95 honda civic dx hatch back. it my everyday work ride and i need to install a new motor. the car was giving to me by my brother and it burns oil like a mother. i have a jdm d15b motor that he gave me with the car. i need to know what i have to do to install the motor i have been doing some research and i have found that i need to buy a p08 ecu and i believe my tranny will bold up to the motor and the mounts will work as well. i need to know how to wire the vtec up since the motor i have in there now is not a vtec. any help or suggestions will not go unappriciated. thanks

ive never seen prices for rywire but they might stiff ya on the price. i don't think its that hard to run vtec wires yourself

okay thanks for the info. as for the ecu is the p08 the right one or is there another one i should use.

is the d15b a 3 stage vtec? meaning is there 2 vtec solenoids? if so its obd2 and you will need a p2j ecu and obd1 to obd2 conversion harness

if there just 1 vtec solenoid you can use the p08

Back