quick b20z wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

Does the distributor wiring on a b20z (2001 CRV) plug into the stock eg civic harness even though they are different ODB's? Or would a b20b be better?

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 2 2005, 03:15 AM
Get the B20Z and just rewire to an OBD I plug, or get an OBD I distibutor.
[post=481606]Quoted post[/post]​

ok so the plugs will be different, but you're saying that the number/function of the wires should be the same?

BTW are there any other wiring issues I should be aware of?

You should get a manual for your car and the one for the car the motor comes in. Then use that as a guide to rewire it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 3 2005, 03:32 PM
You should get a manual for your car and the one for the car the motor comes in. Then use that as a guide to rewire it.
[post=482132]Quoted post[/post]​

That is the way i did it. I have a b20z2 engine and the distributor has only 1 plug.
the obd1 harnes has 2 plugs.
What I did was remove the power wire(black w/yellow strip) from the obd2 plug and connected it to the obd1 plug.
The plug I am refering to is the smaller of the two plugs. The one that has a blue wire and a black w/yellow strip wire on it.
Then I also added the tach. signal wire inside the distributor and connected that to the blue wire on the plug metioned above.
You will have to add the tach wire(blue) to the distributor because it does not have one.
That is if you need the tach. If you don't then don't wprry about that part.
Thats all I can remember for now.
Hope that helps.

Back