quick help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trmpt63529

i'm putting a b16a with an automatic tranny from a 1994 jdm civic into a 2000 civic with a d16y8 and an automatic tranny . i am using the d16y8 harness and the obd2-1 jumper harness they sent with the swap... is there a differnece in the obd2-1 jumper between manual and automatic.. i'm 99% sure there is but i want to confirm this before i call. my jumper harness doesn't have connector D and i'm pretty sure i need this.

also i have both distributors obd1 and obdii using my obd2 harness can i swap my obd2 distributor or will the bolts conflict

Is the obd2 distributor B-series? If not, either use the obd1 distributor and rewire the plug (however, this won't work if you end up using an obd2 ecu), or swap the guts out of the obd2 distributor into the obd1 B-series casing (this would be your best bet, because you won't have to cut/splice any wires, and you'll still be able to use an obd2 ecu in the future.

If I were you, I'd just swap the obd2 dizzy guts into the obd1 B-series casing.

Good plan with the dizzy. as with the jumper harness i guess boomslang sent me the wrong one, and i'll be sending it back tommorow. i believe its only two wires that need to be run for the shift solonoid.. the obd1 auto only has two plugs on it.. speed sensor and the shift soloniod.

One more question and then i'm through... on the obd1 b16a2, what is the sensor on the intake plenum runner... not the IAC or the TPS. the one by the injectors, white.. two wires... is this the map sensor?

No, that's the intake air temp sensor. On your civic, it's the 2-wire sensor on your intake tube. You can use either one, it'll work fine. Either just keep your same intake and use the obd2 plug/sensor, or wire up the plug from your obd1 harness and use the sensor that's on your intake manifold.

Back