Quick Question About Lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autodoc03

just a fast question, if anyone lives in IL and has any clue on the law for improper lighting please let me know. I recently got pulled over & got a warning ticket for improper lighting....cop said that the lights I have for my winshield washer nozzles are illegal....

Just wondering if anyone from IL would know about the improper lighting law, & if the red LED's on the washer nozzles are illegal.... <_<

If you have windshield washer nozzle lights, MAY YOU BURN IN HELL. Those things are hideous, gawdy, and just plain STUPID.

Please remove them, and derice your car in the process, legal or not.

Originally posted by autodoc03@May 9 2003, 06:41 AM
Just wondering if anyone from IL would know about the improper lighting law, & if the red LED's on the washer nozzles are illegal.... <_<

Red lighting on the front of your car is illegal everywhere. You can really only have amber/yellow or white, and anything in between. Any other color is illegal.

Calesta nailed it on the head. The only time you could actually have them on is if you are parked in a parking lot, or at a car show. other than that those light would be 100% illegal. Now if someone actually took the time to make sure they bought orange ones and hooked em up to the blinkers now I might like that, it's helpful to other drivers. Other than that they are completely useless and :ghey:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 9 2003, 08:11 AM
If you have windshield washer nozzle lights, MAY YOU BURN IN HELL. Those things are hideous, gawdy, and just plain STUPID.

Please remove them, and derice your car in the process, legal or not.

that pretty much sums it up.

if i was a cop, i'd pull you over and fine you $10000 for being a fucktard ricer

Originally posted by Calesta+May 9 2003, 07:42 AM-->
autodoc03
@May 9 2003, 06:41 AM

Red lighting on the front of your car is illegal everywhere. You can really only have amber/yellow or white, and anything in between. Any other color is illegal.

actually in IL its only red, blue, and green that are illegal...either way those things are pretty homoerotic

my manager asked me if i could wire up a set on his 2001 civic, i told him he would have to pay $300, he then proceeded to ask me if it was actually that hard I replied with "no, but it really is that gay" In retrospect it probably wasn't the best comment as he is gay but whatever

Originally posted by Baker+May 9 2003, 11:04 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@May 9 2003, 07:42 AM
autodoc03
@May 9 2003, 06:41 AM

actually in IL its only red, blue, and green that are illegal...either way those things are pretty homoerotic

Yeah, and that leaves white and yellow/amber, right? :lol:

Originally posted by Baker@May 9 2003, 11:08 AM
my manager asked me if i could wire up a set on his 2001 civic, i told him he would have to pay $300, he then proceeded to ask me if it was actually that hard I replied with "no, but it really is that gay" In retrospect it probably wasn't the best comment as he is gay but whatever

That's pretty funny. I would have charged him $100 and made some quick cash in half an hour or so.

Back