Quick Question For Those Of You Who Know Everythin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

Alright I have been arguing with my buddy over this he thinks he knows everything but I think he pulls most of this shit out of his ass. But anyhow, he says that a Canadian civic si is basically an ex...I told him to go fuck a tree what do you guys think was I wrong?

also another thing too was I said that up here in MN the only place we get our civics from is Canada....?

for `99 and `00, Canadian Si = US EX, Canadian SiR = US Si.

more detailed info:

Canadian model Civic SiR, which is basically the same as the U.S. `99-`00 Si but with ABS and heated side mirrors. In 1996, American Honda dropped the Si badge and called the top of the line Civic model the EX (127hp SOHC VTEC D16Y8 engine). Honda Canada continued to use the Si badge for the exact same car (127hp SOHC VTEC D16Y8). When Honda decided to bring the DOHC VTEC 160hp B16A2 Civic to North America, American Honda ressurected the Si badge, while Honda Canada used the SiR badge, since they were still selling the Si in the form of the SOHC VTEC model. So for `99 and `00, Canadian Si = US EX, Canadian SiR = US Si.

yea, i stole that info from a site, but he seems to know what he's talking about:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/3...utomobiles.html

MOST honda's are made in Canada for the US.

and the si = ex

Actually, civics are made in Canada, Japan, and the US (Ohio mainly i believe)...

On EG's, there was a sticker on the radiator support stating where it was made, either HONDA OF CANADA, HONDA OF JAPAN, or HONDA OF AMERICA.

Most EK's and EM's were made in Canada or the U.S.

also your friend is not pulling shit out of his ass...

Civic SiR = Civic Si
Civic Si = Civic EX

Edit: But the SiR in Canada comes with ABS, heated mirrors, and km/h instead of mph on the gauge cluster.

mine was made in japan, HA, i never knew that.....just found out. no wonder it was different from other civics....

it depends on your VIN#

1,2 = U.S
3 = EH?
J = Japan

And most US honda civics are assembled in the East Liberty, Ohio plant.

what about the UK? ive been told Honda now makes most if not all their cars there?

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 19 2003, 02:04 PM
what about the UK? ive been told Honda now makes most if not all their cars there?

it is possible with the Si (european design) but that I am not certain about that.

My sol was made in Japan, only thing it is lacking is the b16sirII and the 1 peice headlights.

well I can never tell when my buddy is lying or not...so a 4th gen Can. SI is a EX...damn, good thing I didn't do the money bet on this one

the 4th gen? I am pretty sure the si = ex thing is only true for the 6th gen.

Yea I can be one of those people who can lie out of his ass and make everyone belive it when it come to knowledge.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 19 2003, 02:13 PM
the 4th gen? I am pretty sure the si = ex thing is only true for the 6th gen.

Yea I can be one of those people who can lie out of his ass and make everyone belive it when it come to knowledge.

Cool! :lol:

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 19 2003, 07:22 AM
mine was made in japan :p

mine too

Sazuka Japan to be exact :)

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 19 2003, 08:47 PM-->
endlesszeal
@Mar 19 2003, 02:04 PM

it is possible with the Si (european design) but that I am not certain about that.

My sol was made in Japan, only thing it is lacking is the b16sirII and the 1 peice headlights.

Hmmmm...it doesn't make sense,but yes the new SI's in the states are made in the UK.I know because on post we can only buy US made cars and they won't order the new SI's because they are made in the UK.

My 92 is Canadian,but my last rex was Japanese..

Back