Quicker ratio steering rack for EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

Looking to find a quicker ratio rack for my 1994 civic EX. Anyone know if '94+ GSR/ITR/?? had quicker ratio steering? I'm assuming an integra rack will fit a civic but I've been told that all DC2 tegs have same ratio- 16:1
I know my civic is 17.5:1, looking for something REAL quick, like 14:1 or something...

on a related note, does anybody know if changing caster settings affects your turning radius? I'm assuming it does, as you're leaning the steering axis inclination away from vertical (like turning a chopper bike as opposed to a regular steering bike)?? dunno- anyone?

thx for any help

the ITR had the tightest turning ratio. As far as actual numbers, I dont know. Yes, they will bolt on with no problem.

Maybe you could track down a european rack. I have no numbers for you, but I have seen a German EG U turn when I had to make a three point. I know most cars here have tighter racks because of the smaller streets, it's amazing watching an 18 wheeler do a straight up U turn on a residental street.

in europe, one of thier "DOT" qualifaction for a car, the car must have a turning radius of 30ft (or maybe it was 35) for a while, the Corvette was not alowed over in europe

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 2 2004, 07:07 AM
turning radius does not necessarily mean a tighter/faster action rack though.

no, but a quicker rack definitely couldn't hurt B)

plus if aggressive camber/caster settings do affect turning radius, a quicker steering ratio will allow you to compensate and react accordingly without having to turn the wheel more to get the same amount of steering response...(?)

of course, then again- all my theories work in theory ...
wait till the 1st time out on the course & I spin it 720* and take home 7 cones or so :p

I anybody has any specs on a quicker rack (ITR,GSR,JDM,etc) please post them?
thx B)

Back