qustions on ls vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok do you guys think i okto do ls vtec on stock bottom end?

and i was wonder how much it usually cost to do it?

i bought the head intake dizzy water pump oil pump and timeing belt how much more you think i am looking at befor i can do the lsvtec to stock bottom end?? :blink:

You can slap it on a stock bottom end. there is a shop here in town that does it for 900 for anyone he doesnt know. 350 if he knows you. its not that hard to do. I just think the LS/vtec is over rated if you want a Vtec motor buy a vtec motor.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 21 2005, 12:12 AM
You can slap it on a stock bottom end. there is a shop here in town that does it for 900 for anyone he doesnt know. 350 if he knows you. its not that hard to do. I just think the LS/vtec is over rated if you want a Vtec motor buy a vtec motor.
[post=557523]Quoted post[/post]​

any pther crazy mods i got to do to the head other then drill a hole?? i got a b16 head

You tap the spot where the oil drains back down and pplug it. I just toop a tap and made its a lil bigger. This way you can take the plug out instead of welding it shut.

284_vtecpic.gif

very simple. you also need to wire vtec in a non vtec car, could and should use a 0bd2 water pump and oil pump from a dohc vtec engine. but alittle more research is needed before you throw this together. i would not spin ls rods to 8200 rpms on rod bolts.

list, ge vtec conversion

oil and wter pump and timing belt

rod bolts. all this at the very least. but i would do pistons too. but what do i know im a "hack" right....

thanks, i've been researching my project for awhile and need to make sure everything is right. the ge kit is the best kit out.

Back