R.I.P. Julia Child

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

man, that poor woman... i've seen her on many cooking shows with her back all hunched up... i was like 'put the poor lady out of her misery'

well, i'm sad to see such a great cooking legend go, but, i'm sure she's the head chef wherever she's at.

She said that her ultimate meal would be "Red meat and a bottle of gin."

When it came to diets and processed food: "I think these fake foods aren't worth eating. Either have the real thing and a little of it or have something else. I like real hamburgers and real meat, real butter. Eat everything. Have fun."

:thumbsup:

She was such an inspiration to alcoholics everywhere...

:sob:

RIP Julia, you and your wine-chugging antics will be missed...

:(

was she that lady that talked like she had cotton balls in her mouth and poured like entire bottles of alcohol on whatever she cooked?

RIP

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Aug 13 2004, 01:41 PM
was she that lady that talked like she had cotton balls in her mouth and poured like entire bottles of alcohol on whatever she cooked?

RIP
[post=376446]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, that's her. She was teh aw3some...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 13 2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, that's her. She was teh aw3some...
[post=376463]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. I always enjoyed her cooking shows. She was an original. She used to live in Cambridge, MA and owned an Accord for many years. She used my regular mechanics (Hondar House) and one Monday joined them as they grilled some fish at their shop that one of the mechanics had caught over the weekend. The guys said that she was a very nice customer. She would also buy groceries at a nearby Stop & Shop and chat with the meat department manager.

What a great person, she will be missed by many... :sad:

damn two days before she turned 92 too.

Back