R.i.p.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I lost a good friend of many years.

He died 6 years ago, only to be resurrected. Since then, he's been in and out of surgery multiple times, recieving many, many transplants. We had alot of good times together, and have been through thick and thin. Fun times, frustrating times, We went through many battles together, stole cars together, we raced everything from hondas to ferrari's. We spent hours and hours on the track tweaking and fine tuning cars.

Last night, he breathed his final breath, and he is gone. :(

frankenstation.jpg

:rip_1: Frankenstation.

Last edited:
I recognized it. Mine finally bit the dirt in the spring. I just got one of the slim ones.

I actually went through three ps2's in that time. One broke so I bought another one from a pawn shop, then that one broke like a month later so I bought another one, which ate shit as well.

Thats when "Frankenstation" was born. It was three ps2's parts pieced together to make one working machine. And I kept it alive for years that way. Switched out so many parts that one of the parts-stations was a hollow shell when I tossed it.

Finally, the power supply burned up in frankenstation, and the other playstation I had was a different version, so I put all of frankenstation's parts into parts-station and it fired right up. Popped in a game, smiled at how amazing I am, and started playing. Beat a tough level in ace combat 5 I've been working on, got to the save screen and it shut down and started smoking.

It fried the main board, which was incompatible with frankenstation's main board.

So, I went out and bought a slimline one, "special edition silver" with an Optimus Prime gamer graphics kit And Ace Combat Zero.

Fun times again!

I shall call him "Mini Me"

My first one got the DRE like a month after the warrantee was up.

Mine wasn't under warranty. ;) It's called complaining. They knew there was a problem with the DRE coming on 1 and 2 gen ps2s. I searched all over to find out how to fix it, they had tons of people saying they had it fixed for free, all they paid was shipping. So, when the lady on the phone told me 'It'll be 89.99 to fix it including shipping' I laughed and told her, 'Ok, well, then why are you fixing them for free?' Her tune changed. Sony tried to get money if they could... but I brought them the fact that they'd done it for others. Guess they just wanted to see if I was dumb? Ah well. I now have 3 ps2s. lol

Mine wasn't under warranty. ;) It's called complaining. They knew there was a problem with the DRE coming on 1 and 2 gen ps2s. I searched all over to find out how to fix it, they had tons of people saying they had it fixed for free, all they paid was shipping. So, when the lady on the phone told me 'It'll be 89.99 to fix it including shipping' I laughed and told her, 'Ok, well, then why are you fixing them for free?' Her tune changed. Sony tried to get money if they could... but I brought them the fact that they'd done it for others. Guess they just wanted to see if I was dumb? Ah well. I now have 3 ps2s. lol

Interested in getting rid of one of them ;)

Yea that's true. But my first one I pulled apart before learning this. And in the process voiding any and all responsibility from Sony. Whatever, the new one was like $120.

Back