Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what do you guys think of tenzo reclinables? I got offered a pair for 400, but wasn't sure. It seemed nice, but don't know how they are. Any words of advice?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 4 2004, 12:25 AM
werd- i was looking at the corbeau forza's though, and they are about 220 a piece- They are fixed but they look like a real nice set for the price, i might go with those considering i really don't wanna spend 700 bills plus shipping on seats

Go sit in one first. The fixed angle on the Forza is actually pretty nice- it's actually pretty upright. I had one in my CRX, and now it's in my truck. It's pretty comfortable, even on cross-state drives. I just have a small pad for lumbar support. If you like a little more recline, the Clubman might be better. It's 65 degrees instead of the 72 of the Forza.

werd- good idea Calesta- i'm more of an upright driver, so i'm not sure i would mind the 72 degrees, i feel very uncomfortable if my seat is down ghetto JdM style- i wonder where the hell i can plant my ass in one of those.......anyone in the Milford, PA area want to let me settle my cheeks in their corbeau forza's?

-and b18c1civic97 STOP WHORING MY THREAD

My friend bought some of the cheap ebay seats, and they are really comfortable and they look good too(no brand name stiching). The only down fall on the seats, is that they weigh almost the same as his stock 90 accord seats. Two of my other friends have the sparco speeds and sprints, and they are really comfortable. But I dont know about that vacation drive to Disneyland. :unsure:

well i hardly ever make long trips, now and then i might drive two hours to my grandparents and maybe i might drive 2.5 hour to conn to see the fuggers that live up there- but that's it- this is primarily an around town and track care, and i don't think i'll mind the fixed back seats, plus, at 225 each, that's a friggin steal for a pretty good corbeau seat

Oh- when I meant across the state, I'm talking about Texas- not some tiny little New England state. The Forzas are actually pretty comfortable, trust me.

well with the roll cage in the way, i think it's going to be a pain in the ass to get out of whatever seat i put in there :unsure:

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 6 2004, 12:27 AM
well with the roll cage in the way, i think it's going to be a pain in the ass to get out of whatever seat i put in there :unsure:

:yes:

it takes some getting use too
from what mike tells me you develop a technique after a few times
i guess ill find out soon enough :)

Autopower??

they have some really nice lookin cages, but i dont know if they are SCCA legal or not

Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 5 2004, 11:47 PM
fixed seats are a pain to get in and out off all the time..

Nah, you just have to get UP out of the car instead of just sliding over the edge of the seat.

:lol:

Yes, I have a pair of TRS seats in my Civic, and my housemate has a pair in his STi. We both LOVE those seats! They're very mild looking so you're not shouting out to the world that you have race seats in your car, but they do such a damn good job of holding you in.

Back